Hinduja Leyland Finance Ltd (HLF) was incorporated on November 12, 2008. Pursuant to a certificate issued by the Reserve Bank of India ("RBI") on March 22, 2010, our Company was permitted to commence operations as a non-banking financial comapany ("NBFC") under section 45 IA of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. Our Company was originally classified as a systemically important non-deposit accepting non-banking financial company in the calendar year 2010. Our Company was subsequently granted the status of an NBFC-Asset Finance Company by the RBI pursuant to a certificate of registration received on May 12, 2014. We are one of India's leading vehicle finance NBFCs (Source: ICRA - Retail NBFC and HFC Credit Report, 2016) with a focus on urban and semi-urban markets.
Through a vast network of branches, we finance a wide range of commercial and personal vehicles, which include medium and heavy commercial vehicles (“MHCVs”), light commercial vehicles (“LCVs”), small commercial vehicles (“SCVs”), cars, multi-utility vehicles, three wheelers, and two wheelers, as well as various kinds of used vehicles.
Our vehicle finance business has a diversified customer base comprising of first time buyers, captive users, retail operators, strategic and large fleet owners, small truck owners (“STOs”), and self-employed individuals, who are largely based in urban and semi-urban locations.
We also finance tractors and construction equipment, and provide loans against property (“LAP”). In September 2015, we received a certificate to commence our housing finance business through our wholly owned subsidiary, Hinduja Housing Finance Limited, which focuses on providing finance for affordable housing loans.
We are promoted by Ashok Leyland Limited (“ALL”) and Hinduja Power Limited. We are a part of the Hinduja Group which is a diversified global business group with a track record of growing business in several industries. We leverage our relationship with ALL¸ which is the second largest carrier in the MHCV segment in India (Source: IAI Report, 2015).
We have established an expansive operational network within five years of commencing operations. As of December 31, 2015, our operations included 317 branch offices and 1,550 business locations spread across 22 states and two Union Territories across India. Out of our total 1,550 business locations we have categorized 867 business locations as urban, 637 business locations as semi-urban and 46 Business Locations as rural based on the Census 2001 conducted by the Census Organization of India.
We have entered into preferred financier arrangements with various motor vehicle OEMs to provide financing for their vehicles, and work closely with their respective dealer network to provide our vehicle finance products to their customer base.
The Promoters of our Company are Ashok Leyland Limited and Hinduja Power Limited (“HPL”). ALL was incorporated as a public limited company on September 7, 1948, under the Companies Act, 1913, with the RoC as “Ashok Leyland Limited”.
ALL’s principal business is the design, development, manufacture and sale of a comprehensive portfolio of commercial vehicle products with varying capacities and applications to cater to different customer segments. ALL manufactures and sells a complete range of goods vehicles spanning medium and heavy duty trucks. ALL also manufactures engines, gensets and spare parts and various special application vehicles which are used to provide logistics support to the Indian defence sector. Through a strategic partnership, ALL also manufactures and sells LCVs and a comprehensive range of city, inter-city, special purpose buses and coaches.
HPL was incorporated on October 5, 2007, as “IXTF Mauritius”, a private company limited by shares, under the laws of Mauritius. HPL’s name was changed from IXTF Mauritius to Hinduja Power Limited on October 17, 2011.
HPL is an investment holding company. HPL’s memorandum and articles of association authorize it to carry on or undertake any global business, do any act, or enter into any transaction, and for these purposes, has full rights, powers and privileges.
To grow our business on sound lines to create value for all our stakeholders; viz: shareholders, customers, employees and society as a whole.
Hinduja Leyland Finance aspires to be :
- An organization distinguished by :
- Its use of technology to extend excellent customer service, standardize operating processes at all branches and exercise rigorous risk management practices across credit, operational and market risks.
- Empowerment of its employees to deliver consistently superior business results with pride and sense of achievement.
- Sustainable practices and corporate social responsibility aiming at financial inclusion.
- A forerunner in the market place in terms of profitability, productivity and efficiency as measured by ROA, ROE, NIM, Cost to Income Ratio and Net NPAs.
HLF’s goal is to be a one stop shop in the space of vehicle and equipment finance. We envision us as the best in class Non-Banking Finance Company in the chosen parameters among the companies engaged in vehicle and equipment financing. A preferred financier for all customers and dealers. An institution where we act ethically, honestly and with transparency in all our dealings, be it with our employees, customers, shareholders, the community we serve, Regulators and the Government.
HLF is governed by following values:
- Trust :
- To maintain a workplace characterized by widespread belief in the integrity, reliability, and ability of employees.
- Customer Service :
- To Consider and understand the needs of the customer to facilitate the accomplishment of common goals.
- Competence :
- To maintain a workplace characterized by employees who have the skills and training to do their jobs.
- Teamwork :
- To encourage the use of teams to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Quality :
- To promote an environment characterized by employees with a passion for excellence.
- Honesty :
- To always maintain the highest standards of credibility, sincerity and trustworthiness.
- Respect :
- To always treat people with the highest level of regard and dignity, recognizing the value of each individual.
- Accountability :
- To be responsible for and committed to, the timely delivery of quality services and solutions as individuals and teams..
We are ISO 27001 : 2013 Certified.